As the body ages, the joints, ligaments and tendons go through repeated wear and tear from everyday activities, sports and job-related movements. The repeated stress can lead to a number of injuries. PAIN DOCTOR Pain & Regenerative Medicine is proud to offer stem cell joint injections to patients living in the Dallas, Arlington and Fort Worth, Texas area. This innovative autologous (own) stem cell therapy provides patients with a safe and effective treatment option for a number of acute and chronic injuries.
What are Stem Cells?
Autologous stem cells help the body heal naturally and can accelerate healing in many patients who are suffering from an injury. Autologous stem cells, otherwise known as adult stem cells, are harvested from a patient’s own body. Autologous stem cell therapy utilizes a patient’s “pluripotent” stem cells, commonly found in bone marrow. The physicians at PAIN DOCTOR Pain & Regenerative Medicine have the ability to replicate similar benefits of stem cell therapy without the controversial treatment of using embryonic or fetal stem cells.
How is Stem Cell Therapy Performed?
In an autologous stem cell therapy procedure, a physician will extract a sample of bone marrow, most commonly from the hip region. The bone marrow sample is then spun in a machine to separate the stem cells, platelets and white blood cells. Once separated, they are combined and injected directly into the affected joint with the use of stem cell joint injections.
What Conditions can Stem Cell Joint Injections Treat?
Stem cell joint injections have the ability to help the body regenerate cells and accelerate healing. Autologous stem cells can be used to treat a number of orthopedic injuries, including:
- Cartilage injuries
- Ligament injuries
- Tendon injuries
- Bone fractures
- Avascular necrosis
Autologous stem cell therapy is extremely safe since it uses a patient’s own stem cells. Stem cell joint injections can help the body heal without the risk of rejection or disease transmission.
To learn more about stem cell joint injections, please contact the physicians at PAIN DOCTOR Pain & Regenerative Medicine, proudly serving patients in the Dallas, Arlington and Fort Worth, Texas area.
PRP Therapy & BMAC FAQ
- How do Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate (BMAC) stem cells and BioD Restore® (placental tissue graft) stem cells accelerate the healing process?
- Are Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate (BMAC) stem cells and BioD Restore® all considered regenerative therapies?
- Are all Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate (BMAC) stem cell therapies the same?
- Is there an age limit for Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate (BMAC) regenerative therapy?
- Why is Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate (BMAC) called a stem cell therapy?