About Dr. Andrew Cottingham, Pain Management and Regenerative Medicine In Dallas, Ft. Worth and Arlington, TX
For Dr. Andrew Cottingham, the practice of medicine is about helping people. People who suffer each and every day from debilitating and chronic pain. People who are restricted from fully living their lives and unable to find permanent relief. A physician for more than 20 years, Dr. Cottingham has made a career of helping people take back their lives and live pain free.
Double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Dr. Cottingham has been at the forefront of providing comprehensive interventional pain therapies, such as advanced minimally invasive techniques, ultrasound guided injections, and the growing field of regenerative medicine. In August 2016, Dr. Cottingham was the first physician to implant the St. Jude Axium DRG Stimulator System in a Dallas-Fort Worth Baylor medical system facility. Due to the selective and extensive training administered by St. Jude, only a limited number of physician in the US are trained to perform such implants.
Prior to exclusively dedicating his practice to pain medicine, Dr. Cottingham worked for a prominent Dallas-Fort Worth area anesthesiology group, was the Medical Director of an ASC and served as Medical Director of the PACU in a large metropolitan teaching hospital. Dr. Cottingham’s expertise in pain management and regenerative medicine has afforded him much recognition by his peers and professional organizations. However, Dr. Cottingham finds no greater satisfaction than helping his patients find an effective solution for their pain or condition.
When he is not in the office or in the operating room, Dr. Cottingham enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, and hunting. Most recently, Dr. Cottingham completed a hiking expedition in Peru, trekking through the Andes mountains to Machu Picchu.
- University of Wyoming Bachelors of Science, 1986
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine Doctor of Medicine, 1992
- Broadlawns Medical Center Internship/Transitional Year, 1992-1993
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Residency, Department of Anesthesiology, 1993-1996
- Board Certified in Pain Medicine
- American Board of Pain Medicine, 2004, 2012
- Board Certified in Anesthesiology
- American Board of Anesthesiology, 1997
Certifications and Workshop
- Cooled Radio Frequency Lesioning Procedures for Chronic Pain Management/Halyard Coolief, 2017
- Superion Physician Training/Vertiflex, 2017
- Dorsal Root Ganglion Advanced Course/St. Jude Medical, 2017
- Dorsal Root Ganglion Education Program, 2016
- Platelet Rich Plasma Concentration Technique, Bone Marrow Stem Cell Harvesting, Bone Marrow Concentrate Surgical Technique, Adipose Stem Cell Harvesting, 2014
- Diagnostic and Interventional Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, 2012
- Ultrasound for Pain Medicine Workshop, 2011
- Botox for Chronic Migraines Workshop, 2011
- Minimal Invasive Lumbar Decompression, 2009
- Balloon Kyphoplasty, 2008 & 2011
- Advanced Spinal Cord Stimulation Physician Workshop, 2007
- Percutaneous Discectomy and Vertebroplasty, 2004
- DISC Cervical Nucleoplasty, 2004
- Implantable Pain Therapies, 2003
- DISC Lumbar Nucleoplasty, 2003
Andrew Cottingham, MD Reviews
Submit your review
It is so refreshing to go to a doctor that really seems to care. His focus is to help you and he takes the time to make you feel at ease, I have complete trust in him and would recommend him to anyone. Also love his nurse. Just the best!
Dr. Cottingham has been working on my back for years briefly relieving the pain from Ankylosing Spondlitus. Nice man and very professional. He has long wait times but doesn't rush in and out once you get in to see him. No complaints here all compliments.
I can not imagine anyone saying anything negative about Dr. Cottingham or staff that have always shown compassion, caring and most of all patient. Dr. Cottingham is the best pain management Doctor in my book always welling to listen, explain and never trying to make decisions for the patient. I have experienced back surgery with several medical issues after surgery with a surgeon that showed no compassion and Dr. Cottingham is now trying to help me get back to my life of no pain. FYI Dr. Cottingham did not refer me to my surgeon. I believe God placed Dr. Cottingham in my path.
Doctor Cottingham will take as long as needed to help me each and every time I visit. He is the only doctor that doesn't blow me off or ignore questions. He listens well and tries his best to explain. I would rather wait for him than see someone who is only interested in breezing in and out of the room so they can see as many patients as possible. I at least know what is going on when I go to him, plus his treatments seem to work. Other places I have been try all kinds of procedures, they don't work and then the doctor pushes you away somewhere else. I suspect anyone bitter with this office most likely has never seen a doctor recently, or has do been doing sometime questionable and got caught.