About Dr. Andrew Cottingham, Pain Management and Regenerative Medicine In Dallas, Ft. Worth and Arlington, TX
For Dr. Andrew Cottingham, the practice of medicine is about helping people. People who suffer each and every day from debilitating and chronic pain. People who are restricted from fully living their lives and unable to find permanent relief. A physician for more than 20 years, Dr. Cottingham has made a career of helping people take back their lives and live pain free.
Double board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Dr. Cottingham has been at the forefront of providing comprehensive interventional pain therapies, such as advanced minimally invasive techniques, ultrasound guided injections, and the growing field of regenerative medicine. In August 2016, Dr. Cottingham was the first physician to implant the St. Jude Axium DRG Stimulator System in a Dallas-Fort Worth Baylor medical system facility. Due to the selective and extensive training administered by St. Jude, only a limited number of physician in the US are trained to perform such implants.
Prior to exclusively dedicating his practice to pain medicine, Dr. Cottingham worked for a prominent Dallas-Fort Worth area anesthesiology group, was the Medical Director of an ASC and served as Medical Director of the PACU in a large metropolitan teaching hospital. Dr. Cottingham’s expertise in pain management and regenerative medicine has afforded him much recognition by his peers and professional organizations. However, Dr. Cottingham finds no greater satisfaction than helping his patients find an effective solution for their pain or condition.
When he is not in the office or in the operating room, Dr. Cottingham enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, and hunting. Most recently, Dr. Cottingham completed a hiking expedition in Peru, trekking through the Andes mountains to Machu Picchu.
- University of Wyoming Bachelors of Science, 1986
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine Doctor of Medicine, 1992
- Broadlawns Medical Center Internship/Transitional Year, 1992-1993
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Residency, Department of Anesthesiology, 1993-1996
- Board Certified in Pain Medicine
- American Board of Pain Medicine, 2004, 2012
- Board Certified in Anesthesiology
- American Board of Anesthesiology, 1997
Certifications and Workshop
- Cooled Radio Frequency Lesioning Procedures for Chronic Pain Management/Halyard Coolief, 2017
- Superion Physician Training/Vertiflex, 2017
- Dorsal Root Ganglion Advanced Course/St. Jude Medical, 2017
- Dorsal Root Ganglion Education Program, 2016
- Platelet Rich Plasma Concentration Technique, Bone Marrow Stem Cell Harvesting, Bone Marrow Concentrate Surgical Technique, Adipose Stem Cell Harvesting, 2014
- Diagnostic and Interventional Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, 2012
- Ultrasound for Pain Medicine Workshop, 2011
- Botox for Chronic Migraines Workshop, 2011
- Minimal Invasive Lumbar Decompression, 2009
- Balloon Kyphoplasty, 2008 & 2011
- Advanced Spinal Cord Stimulation Physician Workshop, 2007
- Percutaneous Discectomy and Vertebroplasty, 2004
- DISC Cervical Nucleoplasty, 2004
- Implantable Pain Therapies, 2003
- DISC Lumbar Nucleoplasty, 2003